Monday, July 11, 2011

Hankering for

Memories
of Dani's 1978 Ford Gran Torino;
monster motor, wide tires,
AC/DC on the 8 track player
(windows wide open and singing at the tops of our lungs)
shiny and sparkling clean with multi-colored racing stripes
and that itty-bitty back window no one could ever see out of...
Cruising with our brand new driver's licenses
out of town and up the River Road
in search of...

pizza burgers.

Yes, Pizza Burgers.
The best we could find were in Port Byron (6 miles)
although we tried LeClaire (6.3 miles)
Cordova (11.5 miles)
and Albany (20.8 miles)
and probably even Wisconsin state line (103 miles).

And now The Howlin' Dog Master Chef has re-created my dream pizza burger.



Dani:
I'm smiling
as I think of
AC/DC
you and I
pizza burgers
and that big monster car.

Any other good places for this wonderful burger in Santa Fe?
How about in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!